SOAS is home to over 6,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students who study on campus, together with a further 3,000 who are registered for one of our online and distance learning programmes.
SOAS is a remarkable institution. With our vast repository of knowledge and expertise on our specialist regions, we are uniquely placed to inform and shape current thinking about the economic, political, cultural, security and religious challenges of our world.
Our programmes are taught by respected specialists engaged in fieldwork and research that has a truly global impact.
Announcement of COVID-19 Situation
Regarding the COVID-19 situation，SOAS Executive Board has decided that:
1. The application deadline will be moved back one month to 31 July – the previous deadline was 30 June.
2. The deposit deadline will be moved back to 31 May (with possible further extension) – previously we asked students to make a PGT deposit payment by the end of March.
3. Regarding IELTS, we are aware of the closures of IELTS centres in China, therefore we will be offering an alternative online English language assessment.
4. We will pre-accept applications with reduced documents (based on the available results) – final results can be sent at a later date, when they become available in the summer.
Develop a truly global perspective
Attracting the brightest minds from all over the world to create a community that is diverse, vibrant and multinational. SOAS University of London is a unique institution specialising in the study of Asia, Africa and the Near and Middle East across a broad set of subject disciplines within the arts, humanities and social sciences.
Our vision is of an interconnected world where SOAS plays an important role in addressing the challenges facing the world by:
- Challenging perspectives through its research and teaching
- Helping to build bridges in a complex world
- Applying a global lens to the critical issues of our time
- Developing graduates who can influence and make an impact throughout their careers
- Developing new intellectual and strategic partnerships
As a student, you will engage in research that has a tangible effect on the real world by interacting with scholars at the forefront of their respective fields. Our degree programmes will provide you with a deep understanding of global issues, distinctive in regional focus and relevant today.
Over the course of your study, you will have the opportunity to look at your subject(s) from multiple perspectives, to have your ideas challenged in debate with fellow students and tutors, and overturn any unexamined assumptions.
Clearing and Adjustment
Find out more about joining an undergraduate programme at SOAS this September through Clearing.
Join our lively community of undergraduate students and choose from a wide range of degree programmes.
Study on campus or by distance learning to discover how SOAS postgraduates shape the world we live in.
Foundation and English Language
Explore our range of university preparation and language improvement programmes.
In-Country Representatives (Agents)
SOAS works with the following educational representatives in China, many of whom have offices in Tier 1 and Tier 2 cities. You can contact them directly for further details.